Play Baccarat Online for Real Money in Australia 2023
Baccarat is one of the most popular table and live dealer games to play. Therefore, it’s available at most online casinos. However, you can’t sign up for every gambling site you come across. That’s why we have listed only the best baccarat casino sites where you can have fun and play for real money. Read on to also learn about how to play this game at the best online gambling sites.
Top Casinos to Play Online Baccarat for Real Money
|Rank||Casino||Welcome Bonus||Casino rating||Casino logo||Play Now|
|1||5 Gringos Casino||
120% Up To AU$900 + 200 FS
Bonus code: Gringo900 Exclusive Bonus
|2||Sky Crown Casino||Up to A$4,000 + 400 Free Spins Welcome bonus||4.65|
|3||Olympia Casino||Get Up To A$10,000 + 200 FS Welcome bonus||5|
|4||FastPay Casino||15 free spins on registration + 100% match bonus + 100 free spins Welcome bonus||4.7|
|5||Jeet City Casino||Up to A$10000 + 180 Free Spins Welcome bonus||4.04|
|6||Sportaza Casino||Up to AU$4,000 + 150 Free Spins in 3 Bonuses Welcome bonus||3.75|
|7||King Billy Casino||50 Free Spins on Registration + Welcome Pack AU$2500 + 250 Free Spins Welcome bonus||4|
|8||Wildfortune Casino||100% up to 2000AUD + 175 spins Welcome Bonus||3.08|
|9||7 Signs Casino||Up to A$4000 + 150 Free Spins Welcome bonus||4.6|
|10||All Slots Casino||€1500 WELCOME PACKAGE Welcome bonus||3.8|
Playing Baccarat Online for Real Money
Playing the game is simple, but you must first register at an online casino baccarat site. Here are the steps to follow:
- Find a good gambling platform with classic baccarat and other variants.
- Visit the site and click the appropriate option to create an account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to register. You’ll need to enter a few details for this, like your email, phone number, and a preferred password.
Some online casinos have free baccarat games you can play without actual cash. However, to play for real money, you must deposit it into the account. Visit the cashier, click the deposit option, choose one of the payment options, and follow the instructions to complete the transaction.
After a successful deposit, visit the casino’s game lobby and choose to play baccarat online real money games. Once you win, you’re credited. Then, you can visit the cashier again to request a withdrawal of your earnings.
Rules in Online Baccarat
Playing baccarat online is very simple. First, you need to understand that these casino games are available as RNG-based games and as live dealer options. The former is played with a computer, while live versions are played with actual dealers who handle the activities on a real baccarat table.
Whichever version you prefer playing online, you need to bet on what you think the outcome of the game will be. On the baccarat table, there are two sides – the player and the banker.
Each side gets two cards. The winner is the side whose hand is closest to nine. When the value of the dealt cards exceeds nine, you must add them together and remove the first number. For example, a hand of nine and seven cards dealt totals sixteen, but the first digit is deleted, leaving a value of six.
Here are additional rules:
- If the player or banker is dealt a total of eight or nine, both parties stand.
- If the player’s total is five or less, they hit or stand.
- If the player chooses to stand, the banker will hit (take another card) on a total of five or fewer.
Betting Options in Online Baccarat Game
There are three main types of bets in standard baccarat – the Player, the Banker, and the Tie. If you bet on the player and win, you get an even money payout. This means that you get the exact amount you bet in addition to your initial wager.
However, if you bet on the banker and win, you get 95% of your bet amount. There are also tie bets, which are the riskiest wagers but pay out the most. It has a payout of 8:1, so you get eight times your actual bet amount in addition to the amount you wagered.
Baccarat has a low house edge, making it one of the best casino games. The house edge is how much the casino gains and how much you lose in the long run. Player and banker bets have low house edges, but the tie bet has a higher house edge.
|Bet type||Odds||Payout||House edge|
|Tie||9.52%||8:1 or 9:1||14.4%|
Most people believe a man named Felix Falguierein, came up with the game of baccarat in Italy in the 1400s. He called the game “baccara,” which is Italian for “zero,” because all the tens and face cards were worth nothing.
People think that the Italian game was inspired by an old Etruscan story about a virgin who had to throw a die with nine sides. The outcome of the throw decided what would happen to her. However, no one knows if the story did influence Felix’s game rules.
When baccarat was first made, it was played a little bit differently than now. Four different dealers dealt out the cards, and each player had a chance to be the banker. Players could bet against each other as well as against the house. Today, there is only one dealer, and most bets are made against the house.
Baccarat Game Types
Baccarat is a game that appeals to seasoned and new players. It’s made more interesting thanks to the numerous variants released regularly. The following are some versions you can play at the best baccarat casino sites.
- Traditional: Also called “Big” or “Maxi” Baccarat, up to 14 people play at a large table. In this version, the people who bet the most on the player and banker get to see the cards for that hand before the dealer reveals what they are.
- High limits: The game is different from other card games because you don’t just use one deck of cards. Instead, you use eight standard decks of 52 cards. However, the goal of the game does not change.
- Gold Baccarat: Baccarat Gold is a popular version of baccarat games online. In this version of the game, you can “squeeze” your cards and look at charts about the game’s history. It also usually has a few “bonus” or “side” bets.
- European (Chemin de Fer): Chemin de Fer is a version of baccarat that is different from the others because players bet against each other. The game is played on large kidney-shaped tables with 12 seats for players, two for dealers, and one for a banker.
- French: This is a simple game that is based on the original game. You bet on one of three options – the player, the banker, or a tie. Some versions also have extra features to make the game more interesting.
- Mini Baccarat: This game is played with eight decks, and up to seven people can play at one table at the same time. Each card has a value in mini baccarat, and the winner is the hand whose total is closest to nine.
- American Baccarat (Punto Banco): Punto Banco baccarat is the most popular version of the game today. As the most standardized variant, it also follows the basic rules. Players need simply make a wager on one of three possible outcomes – the banker, the player, and a tie.
- Three Card Baccarat: When playing 3 Card baccarat, only one standard 52-card deck is needed. After the player places a wager on one or more options, the dealer distributes three cards to the boxes and gives three to himself. All cards are dealt face-up.
- Super Pan 9: In baccarat, players can bet on one of two hands. In Super Pan 9, however, the player goes up against the dealer in a battle of baccarat hands. Furthermore, the game starts with three cards instead of two.
Game Forms at Online Baccarat Casinos
Software providers create different versions of baccarat games, giving players various options. These games are exciting, as they have several features in addition to regular gameplay. The following are the different forms of baccarat online:
- Live Dealer Baccarat: You play with a real dealer instead of a computer. The game rules are similar to other versions. You’ll find live dealer baccarat variants at many online baccarat casino sites. However, you must be registered on the site to access a live baccarat game.
- Mobile Baccarat: These games are played on smartphones and tablets. However, the gambling site must be mobile-friendly and offer a good selection of baccarat for mobile users. It’s important that most of these mobile games are also available for desktop users.
- Standard Online Baccarat: These games are RNG-based and sometimes have free versions you can play without risking cash. You don’t have to register at an online casino with baccarat to play free games. However, registration is important if you’re playing baccarat online for real money.
Terminology in Baccarat Gambling
When playing baccarat online, there are some terms you will come across. These terms might be a little confusing for new players since they are not used to them. So, we’ve created a list of the terms you’ll encounter when playing at internet casinos.
- Banco: This is one of the hands players can bet on. It’s the side of the table where the dealer always wagers. This bet has a little better chance of winning than Punto, but you must pay a commission.
- Bankroll: The total amount of money a player has set aside to bet with at any given time. Knowing how to handle money is also an essential part of learning how to win at baccarat.
- Burn: When the first cards of a shoe are discarded, the remaining cards are shuffled. This is done to confuse cheaters. All card games use this simple measure.
- Callman: This is a term for the dealer, who is the casino worker. The dealer handles the activities at the baccarat tables.
- Commission: A certain amount of money must be paid to the casino before a Banco bet can be made. Most of the time, it’s worth 5% of the bet. Note that the commission applies to only the banker’s side of the table. That’s why a winning banker’s bet pays 95%.
- Down Card: A card that is face down is called a “down card.”
- Face Card: A collection of cards that includes Kings, Queens, and Jacks. These cards and the tens have no value at all in baccarat.
- La Grande: In French, a natural hand worth nine is referred to as “La Grande.” It translates to “The big one” in English, whereas “The small one” is worth eight.
- La Petite: In French, a natural hand worth eight is referred to as “La Petite.” In English, it refers to “The Small One” as opposed to “The Big One,” which is worth nine.
- Natural: Explains a baccarat hand that consists of two cards and has a value of either 8 or 9. The round is over and that hand is the winner if just one of the two hands is a natural.
- Punto: It is also called the player. This hand in baccarat is positioned next to the Banco hand. You shouldn’t wager on the punto because of the higher house edge.
- Shoe: The decks of cards used in the game of baccarat are housed in this box.
- Standoff: This happens when the value of both hands is equal. Additionally, it might refer to the “Standoff” wager, in which a player wagers that both hands will be equal. Either 8 or 9 to 1 is the payout rate for this bet.
- Up Card: Unlike a face-down card, this one is turned upwards.
Baccarat Online Casino Bonuses
Baccarat players can claim some lucrative offers at top online casinos. These freebies boost their bankrolls, giving them more cash to play with. These baccarat bonuses have terms and conditions that you must meet in order to cash out your winnings
- Welcome Bonus: These offers are specific to new players who register on the gambling platform. You could get a matched deposit offer or free chips to enjoy baccarat without risk. The welcome offer you get depends on the online casino.
- Match Bonus: When you play baccarat, you can also claim a matched deposit bonus. In this case, the gambling site will match your deposit by a certain amount. For instance, with a 100% match-up, you get the exact amount you deposited as a bonus.
- No Deposit Bonus: You can claim no deposit bonuses without funding your account. This means that you only need to register on the platform to claim the offer. Thus, they are usually available only to new players.
- VIP Bonus: High rollers are often rewarded through VIP programs. As a VIP member, you qualify for better bonuses, like better withdrawal limits and invitations to special events. Some casinos let you join the program upon registration, while others are only by invitation.
- Reload Bonus: Players get these offers when they top up their accounts on online gambling sites. Reload offers could be match-up deals, free chips, or even cashback.
Popular Baccarat Strategies
Similar to other casino table games, you can use a baccarat strategy to minimize your losses and maximize your gains. Below are some sample wagers that you can use when playing at the best baccarat online casino sites.
- Paroli: The Paroli strategy is one of the trusted betting systems to use at the best online casino for baccarat. Each time you win, you increase your bet. The order of the bets is 1-2-4, and after you win three times, you start over at 1.
- 1-3-2-4: The 1-3-2-4 betting strategy centers around betting progressively. The theory behind this approach is that you could protect yourself from financial disaster by changing how you place your bets. Although there is no winning guarantee, it increases your chances.
- One sided: The primary principle of this approach is to always bet on either the player or the banker. Keep going until you’ve lost three times in a row. If your pick is currently losing, you should sit out until it begins to win again.